martes, 5 de marzo de 2019

Slaaneshi custom cannon

I have been nurturing the idea of creating a "vintage" (rogue trader style) Slaaneshi army with the small one I had for fourth edition. I saw a pair of miniatures which looked like chaos dwarves at Lead Adventure forum



 and I thought these could be easily converted into a pair of gunners for a custom made artillery unit,




 inspired in both epic space marine Cannon of Khorne and WHFB 2nd edition chaos artillery.

Khorne cannon/Cañón de Khorne


Originally I intended to use a papermodel for making the cannon, but it seems to have disappeared from the net,

The papermodel


so I put my eyes on a few plastic pieces I had around the house which looked like a cannon's barrel. I wanted to model the cannon's mouth as a dragon's head, this is what followed:





I had recently fathered a child, and I thought it wouldn't affect me...

I made a pair of "Beautiful Wheels". Unfortunately the materials I used were brittle and they kept breaking and crumbling to bits, so I decided to paint more and build less


...only to discover that the inner parts would not show :_(

Things were going out of hand now, so I decided to follow madness with greater madness and painted the bottom of the gun's cannon barrel after a picture of my son's Cagatió (it's a log who is supposed to poo candy if you hit it. Well this one poos some highly explosive candy after all!).




 I was thingking about covering the cannon carriage with some proper chaotic symbols, but the I learned that I'm probably never going to use this in a game so motivation banished. Well, at least it is finished (aside from the crew's basing, which is sitting 400 km away...)


Fine. Fair. Whatever.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario